The eighth annual Otronicon is in full swing at Orlando Science Center. Multiple industry partners join the Science Center to celebrate the impact of interactive technology in the way we live, learn, work and play. Otronicon is the Science Center’s largest annual event with an average of 2,500 visitors each day – more than 10,000 guests are projected for all four days starting today Friday, Jan. 18–Monday, Jan. 21
So what can you do you ask ???
· Enter for a chance to win cash prizes with the return of gaming competitions presented by Powder Keg Games. Emerge as champion as you compete in a number of games including “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2,” “Halo 4,” “Super Smash Bros. Brawl” and “Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition.”
· “Get in the game” via EA SPORTS with sports cover photo-ops, a 3-D technology demonstration called “Be 3-D” that shows guests how they might look in a video game and plenty of games available for open play.
· Operate the da Vinci Surgical Robot and interact with patient simulators in Medical Sim City presented by Florida Hospital for Children.
· Get in the cockpit of cutting-edge flight simulators and immerse yourself in Quantum3D’s ExpeditionDI virtual training system in Military Tech presented by Lockheed Martin.
· Journey to a long time ago and a galaxy far, far away with the blockbuster exhibit Star Wars®: Where Science Meets Imagination. The 10,000-square-foot exhibit explores the fantasy technologies depicted in the Star Wars films, as well as the real science behind them, and the current research that my someday lead to real-life versions of the technologies seen in the film series.
· Experience the power of the Force with appearances by members of the 501st Legion (Star Wars® costuming club).
· Discover the magic behind Walt Disney Parks & Resorts as you learn how they use simulation to design rides and attractions.
· Experience the virtual world through Virtusphere! Wear a wireless, head-mounted display while you walk or run immersed in a virtual environment set within a 10-foot hollow sphere that rotates freely in any direction according to your steps.
· Participate in game design workshops overseen by UCF School of Visual Arts & Design, UCF Create, Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy, Advanced Distributed Learning, Valencia College and FamiLAB. Plus, check out game development panels that give you a behind-the-scenes glimpse at every aspect of the production of some of your favorite video game titles.
· Engage in rounds of outdoor laser tag provided by Battlefield Live Orlando.
· Witness robot demonstrations from the area’s FIRST Robotics teams.
· Play classic arcade games and games on the current crop of consoles throughout all four floors of the Science Center.
· View planets, stars and other celestial objects in the Crosby Observatory using our 10-inch refractor telescope – one of the largest publicly accessible in the state! (Friday and Saturday only)
Admission to Otronicon is $27 for adults and $20 for youth (ages 3-11). Tickets also include one screening of “TRON: Legacy 3D” as well as access to Star Wars®: Where Science Meets Imagination. For more information, please call 407-514-2000 or visitwww.osc.org and www.otronicon.org